The following is a listing of job openings in the Georgia
and the Southeastern mining industry. If you would like to post a position,
please email the job listing to email@example.com.
Position: Plant Chemist, Bulk Chemical Services, LLC
Location: Sandersville, GA
Reports to: Operations Manager
Date: November, 2015
The Plant Chemist oversees the research and development process of new products and modifies existing products to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), preferably Master’s degree, in chemistry or microbiology with extensive knowledge of polymer chemistry
- Preferably a minimum of three years’ experience in chemical research, development, laboratory management, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective in use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to pass Company physical including drug screen
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop, maintain, and protect company’s intellectual properties and proprietary technology
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments to develop new products
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments to adjust existing products to meet the expectations of customers
- Ensure that documentation of intellectual property is maintained through diligent use of lab notebooks in accordance with standard industry practices
- Act as a resource for HS&E, manufacturing, purchasing, and sales & marketing to ensure technical accuracy and compliance with respect to their respective activities
- Maintain housekeeping of laboratories
- Order laboratory equipment and supplies
- Conduct routine testing & product screening for customers
- Transition laboratory formulations to production batches
- Oversee production chemistry and adjust batches to specifications as required
- Oversee and advise on raw material specification changes that impact final product quality
- Co-approve with the plant manager product specification and batch sheet changes
- Act as plant manager in his absence
- Understand, adhere to and enforce Company safety and core value policies
- Enforce laboratory safety program
- Champion the calibrations process of the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standard
- Maintain valid and timely calibrations of all lab and plant equipment used in the QMS.
- Maintain auditable calibration logs of equipment traceable to NIST
- Develop ISO standard operating procedures for QC evaluations of new products and ensure that new equipment purchased for QC analysis is integrated into the quality system
Please send all applications to:
Jonathan Denis – Operations Manager
404 350 8404 ext 2
Quality Group Leader: McIntyre, GA
BASF’s Middle Georgia site employs approximately 600 people who are distributed across four production plants and three milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes Kaolin to customers around the world. This position will oversee the Quality Operations to assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles such as planning processes, material control, acceptance, sampling and measurement systems. Oversees activities of the Plant Quality laboratories, ensuring timely and accurate support to the production process. The position will provide technical support and facilitate decision making for timely problem solving / issue resolution and the implementation of corrective action to prevent recurrence. Assures all customer issues are addressed adequately, and in a timely manner.
Responsible for the disposition of off specification materials while maintaining product quality as defined on respective product control plans. Identify, implement and support continuous improvement activities
- Ensure accurate, timely and cost efficient quality control/analytical test, data, and directions are available for control of plant processes and evaluation of final products by: 1) managing the activities of the Plant Quality Supervisors across site 2) directing the development of quality control methods, 3) maintaining standard operating procedures and ensuring appropriate training of lab personnel, 4) developing and maintaining information management systems that deliver lab information and data to all necessary personnel in a timely fashion, 5) working with other departments across the site to understand and accommodate quality control and analytical information needs.
- Responsible for submission of quality lab goals, budget and resource needs.
- Understand the Environmental and Quality Policies and perform job responsibilities safely by following documented work procedures and instructions.
- Oversee daily activities of all plant quality laboratories which includes the supervisor of quality supervisors.
- Supervisory responsibility for both Management Represented and Union represented Plant Technicians.
- Participate as a contributing member of cross-functional teams at various levels of the organization to address quality, cost and continuous improvement challenges.
- Support all Quality Management System initiatives, including participation on Internal Audit Teams.
- Work individually and with project team members to develop process control deliverables including manufacturing and quality plans, inspection documentation and test methods.
- Monitor and improve process and product quality through use of SPC, data review and other improvement techniques.
- Responsible for conducting root cause analysis of off-spec or downgraded material in a timely manner to minimize off specification materials, and for providing resolution for affected inventories.
- Lead / participate in 6S / Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement activities.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Participate in Customer interactions and External Quality Audits.
- Interface with off-site Sales and Technical Support associates to ensure customer satisfaction.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
- BS in Engineering or Chemistry, or other technical field with equivalent experience.
- 10+ years manufacturing experience with focus on quality systems and process improvement.
- Experience with 5S and 6 Sigma methodologies preferred.
- 5 years previous supervisory experience.
- Supervision in a union environment is an asset.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 and Responsible Care Management Systems.
- Previous Internal Audit experience.
- Effective presentation/communication skills, project/resource management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Please use this link to apply directly for this job:http://bit.ly/1TZQxTm
Site Safety/Security & Learning Development Training Leader: Gordon, GA
BASF’s Middle Georgia site employs approximately 600 people who are distributed across four production plants and three milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes Kaolin to customers around the world.
This position is accountable for developing and coordinating all site safety, security, and training activities for the site. The individual in this role will be an active and strong influence to help shape the site culture and develop the future of the site.
- Implement a sustainable, effective and world class training program for all salaried and hourly personnel. This includes all regulatory, legal, safety, process, technical and refresher training. Roll out this training program by developing and implementing a train-the-trainer program
- Support the development and rollout of a Process Flow based Operator training process. Establish and manage a means for sustaining this training process
- Work with site and business leadership and external organizations to develop, deliver, and implement programs to improve leadership, management techniques and provide support implementing the Customer Awareness, Operational Excellence and Mindsets and Behaviors, and other programs to create a good environment within the organization to promote continuous improvement, ownership and accountability.
- Manage the implementation of Leading and Living the Journey Phases of the Exposure Reduction Process.
- Work collaboratively with Site and HR leadership to develop, design, deliver, and implement various learning programs.
- Manage the administration of the BASF Learning Management System (Mockingbird Replacement) including maximizing its application for MIDGA’s needs.
- Coordinate interface with Corporate EHS hub according to service level agreement
- Coordinate all internal and external audits with regard to EHS (MSHA, RCMS ...). Ensure and audit that all actions and findings are tracked and completed. Identifies gaps to actions plans and provides solutions to close the gaps. Tracks and reports on MOC, AIMS and other safety / regulatory issues to ensure that actions are completed on time
- Manage the site security, safety and environmental team to ensure that the site is in compliance with all security, safety and environmental rules and regulations
- BS Degree in business (or related field), education, or in a technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a process manufacturing environment and knowledge of learning management systems is required
- Excellent individual and team facilitation skills required. Well-developed communication and influencing skills. Ability to facilitate and/or lead project teams to successful implementation is required.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in training systems and effective training techniques. Must have experience and skills in conducting assessments to determine training requirements.
- Working knowledge of EHS rules and regulations is required. (Note: Individual must be available for travel up to 10% of time.)
- Union environment experience preferred.
Please use this link to apply directly for the job.
Lubeman / Greaseman - SELLERS Construction, Gordon, GA
Date: November 10, 2015
Lubeman / Greaseman
Equipment and Maintenance
Responsible for change oil, greasing and preventive maintenance (PM) and washing/cleaning of vehicle and equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiar with equipment maintenance and oil and lubricants quantities for each machines.
- Familiar with greasing and draining points of any vehicles and equipment.
- Can fill‐up, control and update the maintenance records on daily basis
- Familiar with oil and grease and grades and all types of filters.
- Holding class B CDL with Haz Mat driving license.
- Excellence driving safety record.
- Aware for all tools required for such activities
- Can speak, write and read English language.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge in engine starting and can drive light vehicles.
Minimum of (3) years work experience as Grease man / Lubeman for all types of equipment and vehicle both in workshop and sites preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Can work with less supervision and under pressure.
Physically strong and healthy.
SELLERS Construction Company
115 Milledgeville Rd.
Gordon, GA 31031
Maintenance Technician - Macon, GA
KaMin LLC, a privately held international supplier of fine hydrous and calcined clays is seeking a Maintenance Technician in its Macon, GA Plant. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance of plant equipment in order to ensure a continuous production process. Qualified candidates will have three to five years of experience performing mechanical repairs. Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment is a plus.
This position offers a competitive pay and benefit package including health, dental, paid sick, vacation, and 401K. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Maintenance Tech as the subject line.
Plant Maintenance Engineer, Imerys - Sandersville, GA
IMERYS is the Global Leader in Mineral-based specialty solutions for industry. IMERYS transforms a unique range of minerals to deliver essential functions that are essential to its customers’ products and manufacturing processes.
This new Plant Maintenance Engineer position is located in Sandersville, GA.
This position serves as key technical resource for the processing operation focusing on preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for electronic/mechanical equipment issues.
Position is responsible for:
- Plant and process support to a 24/7 operation.
- Maintenance activities involving Imerys employees and contractors.
- Projects being executed in the process operations which involve the maintenance program and utilizes continuous improvement methodologies laid out in the reliability process.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, design and implement innovative process improvements, work practices and equipment changes which improve productivity and/or enhance equipment availability.
- Investigate and implement methods (ways) to increase component life and reduce maintenance costs of key process equipment; improve product throughput, recovery, and quality.
- Gather, analyze and interpret data from reliability centered maintenance tools (oil analysis, vibration monitoring, alignment, thermography, etc.)
- Implement and review the effectiveness of the asset management strategy. This includes direct and indirect performance of data analysis, root cause analysis, failure mode and effect analysis.
- Perform predictive maintenance engineering technical support tasks, such as developing scheduled preventive maintenance kits and developing engineering and maintenance standards
- Ensure completion of reliability and predictive maintenance inspections, analyze inspection results and trends, and coordinate changes to inspection schedules and action plans to address inspection results
- Recommend and implement changes to component specifications (materials, tolerances, speed, etc.)
- Interact closely with all operations, maintenance, Pilot Plant, project engineering and purchasing for scoping, development and execution of capital projects and other plant process changes.
- Oversee the implementation of new designs and perform project management to implement project. (installation/commissioning equipment)
- Assist the maintenance departments to improve use of Tabware and utilize Tabware for cost analysis.
- Maintain and advise on use and disposition of stock items, rental equipment, etc.
- Verify equipment assets are configured in Tabware properly.
- Direct and interact with contractors and vendors.
- Respond to safety and environmental hazards to eliminate them and maintain compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for managing maintenance budget with maintenance supervisor.
- Provide leadership and guidance for maintenance employees.
- Schedule weekly/daily maintenance activities for contractors.
- Interact with Purchasing to manage warehouse inventory and maintenance critical spare parts.
- Assist production personnel with identifying system/equipment issues and solutions (trouble-shooting).
- Conduct safety meetings for employees.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of plant production processes; understanding of process control concepts; and understanding of broad range of equipment types (pumps, heat exchangers, conveyors, filters, dryers, etc)
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skill set including strong knowledge of Excel to analyze process data.
- Knowledge of computer based systems MicroSoft Office suite. Strong skills utilizing any CAD drawing program
- Understanding of mass balances and flow sheets
- Knowledge of budgetary and cost/benefit analysis.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills with ability to convey information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and with various levels of personnel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree or higher in any engineering discipline; Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- One to three year work experience in industry is require; experience in mining industry is preferred. Experience in project/process engineering is relevant as a graduate engineer or engineering intern in a comparable application.
- Interact with computers/systems to program, set up functions, enter data, process information.
- Work environment –Plant environment with exposure to varying temperature/humidity and chemicals and process equipment: Office environment–sitting, desk work - 40%; process environment - standing, walking, observing – 60%.
- Lifting < 50 lbs. - Infrequent
- Communicating - verbally/written required – Listening
- Travel – infrequently
- Valid driver license required
IMERYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/IWD/PV.
Link to job posting:
Mine Manager, KaMin LLC - Macon, GA
KaMin LLC has an opening for a Mine Manager at its Macon, GA plant. The position leads and manages overall mine operations to meet quality, quantity,
and timely delivery of minerals for processing in support of KaMin's customers. The principle accountabilities include:
- Supports KaMin's strategy, annual operating plan and budget by developing and managing the implementation of short to long range objectives for
mining and maintenance functions.
- Optimizes recovery and yield of mineable ore reserves by managing the mine plans based upon forecasts, quality specifications and production dynamics.
- Ensures that inventory of required grades of crude ore meet plant requirements by coordinating haulage and processing activities with plant production.
- Ensures the most efficient, effective and economical methods of mining operations by managing the implementation of contingency plans that maxim
ize the utilization of people, materials and equipment involved in: timber and contract overburden removal, mining, hauling, reclamation, and mine processing
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in geology or mining engineering or a minimum of 10 years of experience to include thorough knowledge of mine planning, mining and processing equipment and methods; and working knowledge of accounting methods and principles
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in mining or heavy construction
- Proficient with software programs, including mine design and information systems
- Knowledge of surveying, mineral leases, and contract management
Other Key Competencies:
- Ability to handle sensitive public relations situations.
- Demonstrates effective skills in planning, supervising, monitoring and accomplishing the goals of specific project requirements. Includes balanc
ing the task requirements with relevant people issues within the constraints of schedules and budgets.
- Discriminates between important and unimportant details, recognizes inconsistencies between facts and draws correct inferences from information.
- Writes clear, concise memos, letters, and instructions which others can understand; verbally transmits ideas, instructions, and information so t
hey are clearly understood by others in formal or informal face-to-face situations.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, vacation, sick, 401k, and life insurance.
Qualified and interested candidates can apply by sending their resume to email@example.com with Mine Manager in
the Subject line.
Plant Superintendent openings nationwide!
Founded in 1970, Unimin Corporation has grown from a small, local sand mining
company to become a leading producer of non-metallic industrial minerals in
the worldwide Sibelco Group. Our products are the fundamental building blocks
of nearly every manufacturing and industrial process. We're a worldwide supplier
to: the glass, ceramic and lighting industries, oil and natural gas service
companies and paint, plastic, rubber and composite manufacturers.
Unimin Corporation is one of North America's leading producers of non-metallic
industrial minerals. Our quartz, feldspar, nepheline syenite, olivine, calcium
carbonate, clay, kaolin, lime and limestone products are the essential raw
materials of nearly every manufacturing process.
Reporting to the Plant Manager,
the Plant Superintendent will direct mining, maintenance, and processing activities
to achieve production goals at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the management of the Plant's safety and health program to
include implementation of policies and procedures, safety inspections, and
- Direct Mining activities including - exploratory drilling, roads - grounds
- and lands maintenance, mine planning and advancement - new mine construction
- stripping and reclamation - mining process equipment.
- Direct Production activities including - washing / drying / milling
- flotation - drying and screening - bagging and shipping - clean up and
- Direct Maintenance activities including - Preventative Maintenance
Program - equipment modification and installation - proper scheduling of
- Advise Plant Manager of any problems or potential problems which affect
the ability of the mine or Plant to produce in a safe, timely, efficient
manner including but not limited to personnel, equipment, transportation
- Direct all process and loadout scheduling to ensure smooth and on time
preparation of all customer orders.
- Direct mining activities to ensure adequate supply of raw material
- Collect and check necessary labor and operating data, prepare all required
reports for submission to the Plant Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of Capital Expense Reports.
- Direct, schedule, coordinate and inspect the installation of all capital
projects as requested by Plant Manager.
- Review, approve, and recommend actions regarding staffing, compensation,
development, and training of all supervisory and operating personnel.
- Handle and/or assist in disciplinary action.
- Monitor environmental control systems to ensure compliance with governmental
- Identify, administer, and/or recommend necessary training needs for the
maintenance, mining, and operations personnel.
- Submit weekly operations report.
- Assist in appropriate areas with the quarterly report.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should send your resume and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BS in Engineering - preferably in Mine Engineering or Geological or Industrial.
- 5+ years of hands on working experience; in mine or materials processing,
industrial manufacturing or related industry.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must be open to relocation opportunities now and in the future
- Familiarity with a Unionized workforce for plants that are Union.
Company: Arcilla Mining & Land Co., McIntyre, GA
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Applicant must provide his own air/hand tools, 3 year MVR, and
criminal history report. Three years working experience or comparable training.
Must have knowledge of engine / transmission / driveline service, minor component
replacement, air brake, wheel end, hydraulics, minor welding, and laptop
operation experience is helpful. Applicant must be a motivated self-starter
and proficient in all repairs. Must always maintain a drug free work environment.
The flexibility and capability of working in a high paced environment.
Position reports directly to the Truck Shop Supervisor. Duties include
repair, servicing, and maintenance of fleet level diesel equipment. Fifty hour
work weeks with every third Saturday rotation.
Paid Vacation, Insurance Plans, Uniforms, 401K Match.
On site application only. Bring required information.
For additional info please contact:
Arcilla Mining & Land Co.
Office Phone: (478)-946-3664
Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Human Resources Manager
Company: Arcilla Mining & Land Co., McIntyre, GA
Education: Some College
Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management and two years
verifiable experience OR some college and 5 years verifiable experience in
Human Resources to include payroll, benefits, and safety administration, workers
compensation and employee relations. Must be knowledgeable of OSHA, ADA and
EEO laws. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Employer prefers SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management) membership;
State Board Workers’ Compensation Certification, and MSHA (Mine Safety & Health
Position reports directly to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Duties include
writing and updating job requirements and descriptions for all positions.
Will be responsible for posting vacancies, recruiting, testing and interviewing
applicants. Will conduct orientation in conjunction with Safety Administrator
to ensure new hires are aware of company policies and expectations. Position
is responsible for structuring pay plan in coordination with, recommending
pay structure revisions based on employee performance and market trends.
Will be required provide hands on assistance with generating payroll in timely
and consistent manner. Will monitor and evaluate employees work and ensure
that critical deadlines are met. Will be responsible for employee discipline,
scheduling management and employee conferences, hearing and resolving employee
grievances and educating supervisors on supervisor/employee relations. Will
administer employee benefits programs, recommend benefit programs to CFO,
obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids, and design and conduct educational
programs on benefits programs for employees. Will work closely with Safety
Director on safety initiatives and program administration. Will ensure that
company is and remains in legal compliance with federal and state requirements
by monitoring, conducting investigations, maintaining records and representing
company at hearings.
Contact: Mr. McKenzie Davenport, CFO
Company: BASF – The Chemical Co.
Job Title: 1402155 - Area Leader
Location: Mcintyre, GA
Apply Link: http://jobs.basf.us/job/Mcintyre-Area-Leader-Gordon-GA-Job-GA/70484100/
The Area Leader manages and operates facilities safely and efficiently,
encourages employee ownership, demonstrates and promotes effective decision
making, maintains high personal standards, and establishes/maintains
high crew performance standards.
- Ensure that all activities are
performed in accordance with all BASF and MSHA safety policies.
that equipment is operated in compliance with all environmental regulations/permits.
- Develop and maintain high housekeeping and performance standards for
area(s) of responsibility.• Ensure productivity is at budgeted levels
and proactively pursue improvements.
- Ensure quality and on-time shipment goals are met.
- Evaluate equipment capabilities, identify process bottlenecks and
develop plans to resolve constraints.
- Provide leadership/guidance to crews to maximize performance in support
of business goals.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by
the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an industrial processing/production
- Two or more years of supervisory or leadership experience is required.
Five or more years is preferred.
- Must be a proactive self-starter capable of working with limited supervision.
- Good communication and leadership skills with ability to motivate
- Good problem solving skills with ability to quickly address and resolve
- Prior knowledge of Kaolin processing preferred.
Plant Superintendent - Mcintyre, Georgia (#1401518)
BASF’s Middle Georgia site distributed across four plants and three
milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes
Kaolin to customers around the world.
- This position is a member of the Leadership team.
- Lead Operations organization to ensure product design, cost, quality,
and internal and external customer supply objectives are met and exceeded.
- Develop the Operations organization team through goal setting, accountability,
performance review and development, and organizational design and development.
- Lead the Operations organization in its Journey to EHS Excellence.
- Establish, pursue and achieve a strategic direction and manufacturing
objectives for kaolin business unit which compliments and supports the
Middle Georgia strategic vision.
- Lead the continuous improvement activities of the Operations organization,
foster innovation, and facilitate and embrace change that drives improvement.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or other technical field is required.
- 10 or more years of manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of solid management experience is required.
- Management experience in a manufacturing
environment with oversight in areas such as production, maintenance, EHS,
quality is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma and /or Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be able to work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Demonstrated strong competencies must include: personal and team leadership,
business and financial acumen, communication, strategic and analytical
thinking, and customer focus.
- Experience working with labor unions to resolve union issues in a unionized
plant is preferred.
I. Title: Senior Plant Manager – General Manager
II. Purpose of Position: To lead the operational plan of multiple manufacturing
plants in line with the manufacturing strategic plan.
- Reviews and oversees implementation of annual operating plan
for plants. These include production and inventory planning, in conjunction
with materials planning group, as well as raw materials procurement and
- Recommends capital projects and presents budget to senior management
as part of capital improvement plan. Assures that ROI and other benefits
associated with capital projects are communicated. (Annual capital plan
of $1 to $5 million.)
- Reviews and signs off on annual financial operating budget. (Annual
budget of $25 to $50 million.)
- Participates in strategic planning process, translating manufacturing
objectives to individual goals for key plant employees.
- Builds and leads a team to execute the operational and financial
plans, including department and plant managers as well as staff to support
- Leads plant-wide initiatives to ensure positive employee morale.
Communicates vision, direction of company and manufacturing to all employees.
- Conducts performance evaluation of direct reports, while reviewing
and signing off on one-over-one employees, directing all to expand their
skills and responsibilities.
- Modifies and approves all MBOs of direct reports.
- Hires, promotes and fires plant personnel based on opportunities
- Leads training initiatives for plant employees, working with plant
managers, corporate and staff.
- Reviews and reports on plant financial performance on a monthly
basis. Leads action plan to address controllable issues.
- Approves expenditures for all capital projects for the plants.
- Approves expenditure of all plant expenditures in accordance with
- Maintains contact with community officials, assuring that positive
community relations exist.
- Coordinates response to media on any regional issue requiring attention.
- Leads in implementation of new quality initiatives, in line with
strategic plan. This includes training.
- Reviews and signs off on resolutions to all quality problems associated
with the plant. Addresses all problems with a quality team (corporate).
- Ensures that safety procedures are in place to address all aspects
of plant safety.
- Ensures that all personnel on the premises (visitors as well as
employees) understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Assures that the plants are fully compliant with all local, state
and federal regulations with respect to environmental compliance. This pertains
to all operational aspects as well as capital expansions. Works with corporate
safety and regulatory personnel to get this done. Reports any variation immediately
to Vice President Manufacturing and Corporate Compliance.
- Assures that any circumstances where customer requirements of operational
plan cannot be fulfilled over the long term (one to six months) are communicated
to Manager of Material Planning.
- Coordinates review of plant processes (between engineering and plant
management) and assures process modifications or improvements that result
in improved efficiency are implemented.
- Works with Material Planning and Logistics to recommend business
shifts between plants or regions in order to optimize service and cost
to customers. Assures recommendations are implemented.
- Guides and approves preventative maintenance plan.
- Reviews plant housekeeping program.
- Approves expenditure of all maintenance costs in line with expense
J. Raw Material Procurement
- Approves mining program. Ensures that it is adhered to.
- Assures that communication occurs to Manager of Material Planning
on any projected raw material shortfalls and problems.
- Assists Marketing, Logistics, and Research on evaluating new
business opportunities, including assessing process feasibility, cost,
capital requirements and other issues.
- Meets with management in other areas of the company. Shares and
adopts best practices.
- Reports to Vice President of Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Supervises 3 to 10 direct reports.
- Oversees staff of 100 to 300.
- Adherence to operational plan, including key performance metrics.
- Safety of employees, visitors.
- Adherence to all regulatory standards.
- Adherence to all quality requirements.
VI. Measurement Of Performance
- Achievement of goals and objectives.
- Fulfillment of job description.
VII. Skills/Traits Needed
- Strong ability to lead and develop people and a team.
- Strategic thinking, with the ability to translate strategy into
executable tactical plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to different levels
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and application
of products manufactured at this site.
- Familiarity with quality principles and tools.
- Solid PC working knowledge.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
Contact: Ron Parks