The following is a listing of job openings in the Georgia
and the Southeastern mining industry. If you would like to post a position,
please email the job listing to email@example.com.
Burgess Pigment Company, a leading global supplier of high value kaolin clay for over 65 years, has an immediate opening for the role of Technical Director. This salaried, exempt position is located at the company’s operations in Sandersville, Georgia.
The qualified candidate will: manage the company’s kaolin research and development activities to improve the attributes of existing products and/or develop new products for existing and/or new end use applications; identify research and development projects and define necessary resources; interpret project/trial results and make recommendations to leadership regarding product and/or process changes; and respond to internal and external inquiries regarding specific products and end use applicability. Must possess an in-depth knowledge of kaolin chemistry and processing including limitations and applicability in end use applications. Minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering or science with 10+ years of direct experience in minerals processing.
Burgess Pigment Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive pay and excellent benefits including 401(k) and profit sharing. Qualified candidates should mail or email a cover letter and resume (including compensation history) in confidence to:
Burgess Pigment Company
PO Box 349
Sandersville, GA 31082
Human Resources Director, Sellers Construction Company
Manages functional areas of human resources such as recruiting, staffing, employee relations, EEO/AAP, benefits, and compliance. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates HR activities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience in business administration, human resources management, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5 years exempt level human resources experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Employee Relations; Performance Management and Development
- Write and evaluate exempt and non-exempt jobs
- Implement and oversee policies and procedures
- Recommend and advise management regarding Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, etc.
- Work with Management in regards to hiring, terminations, and employee discipline
- Administration of Benefits including answering questions and counseling employees
- Assist with employee orientation
- Manages governmental and company regulatory compliance efforts.
- Collect employee time for third-party processing
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarization with HRIS
- Ability to analyze, interpret, reconcile, and resolve problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficient Communication – orally and written
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE:
We are required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees and most existing employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment.
It is the policy of this company not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, and local law. This Company likewise does not tolerate harassment based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other protected status. The Company takes all complaints of harassment seriously and all complaints will be investigated promptly and thoroughly.
Contact Robin McDonald,
Human Resources Director,
Sellers Construction Company, LLC 478-628-1080.
Quality Manager - Wrens, GA
KaMin LLC, a privately held, international supplier of high quality hydrous and calcined kaolin clay, is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to lead and direct the Wrens Plant Laboratory teams in order to ensure the quality of products produced meets shipment requirements and customer specifications. This position will minimize the possibility of waste due to rejection of unacceptable products by finding root causes of product issues and implementing solutions. This position serves as a member of the plant leadership team, providing positive leadership while working with technical service, research and technology, and purchasing to meet customer needs.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors of Science degree and a minimum of three years of management experience in a scientific environment. Qualified candidates will also have excellent planning and communication skills and the ability to drive to root cause.
This position offers an excellent salary and benefit program including life, health, dental, paid vacation, and 401k. Qualified candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Quality Manager in the subject line.
Certified Drug Free Workforce
Quality Group Leader: McIntyre, GA
BASF’s Middle Georgia site employs approximately 600 people who are distributed across four production plants and three milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes Kaolin to customers around the world. This position will oversee the Quality Operations to assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles such as planning processes, material control, acceptance, sampling and measurement systems. Oversees activities of the Plant Quality laboratories, ensuring timely and accurate support to the production process. The position will provide technical support and facilitate decision making for timely problem solving / issue resolution and the implementation of corrective action to prevent recurrence. Assures all customer issues are addressed adequately, and in a timely manner.
Responsible for the disposition of off specification materials while maintaining product quality as defined on respective product control plans. Identify, implement and support continuous improvement activities
- Ensure accurate, timely and cost efficient quality control/analytical test, data, and directions are available for control of plant processes and evaluation of final products by: 1) managing the activities of the Plant Quality Supervisors across site 2) directing the development of quality control methods, 3) maintaining standard operating procedures and ensuring appropriate training of lab personnel, 4) developing and maintaining information management systems that deliver lab information and data to all necessary personnel in a timely fashion, 5) working with other departments across the site to understand and accommodate quality control and analytical information needs.
- Responsible for submission of quality lab goals, budget and resource needs.
- Understand the Environmental and Quality Policies and perform job responsibilities safely by following documented work procedures and instructions.
- Oversee daily activities of all plant quality laboratories which includes the supervisor of quality supervisors.
- Supervisory responsibility for both Management Represented and Union represented Plant Technicians.
- Participate as a contributing member of cross-functional teams at various levels of the organization to address quality, cost and continuous improvement challenges.
- Support all Quality Management System initiatives, including participation on Internal Audit Teams.
- Work individually and with project team members to develop process control deliverables including manufacturing and quality plans, inspection documentation and test methods.
- Monitor and improve process and product quality through use of SPC, data review and other improvement techniques.
- Responsible for conducting root cause analysis of off-spec or downgraded material in a timely manner to minimize off specification materials, and for providing resolution for affected inventories.
- Lead / participate in 6S / Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement activities.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Participate in Customer interactions and External Quality Audits.
- Interface with off-site Sales and Technical Support associates to ensure customer satisfaction.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
- BS in Engineering or Chemistry, or other technical field with equivalent experience.
- 10+ years manufacturing experience with focus on quality systems and process improvement.
- Experience with 5S and 6 Sigma methodologies preferred.
- 5 years previous supervisory experience.
- Supervision in a union environment is an asset.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 and Responsible Care Management Systems.
- Previous Internal Audit experience.
- Effective presentation/communication skills, project/resource management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Please use this link to apply directly for this job:http://bit.ly/1TZQxTm
Site Safety/Security & Learning Development Training Leader: Gordon, GA
BASF’s Middle Georgia site employs approximately 600 people who are distributed across four production plants and three milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes Kaolin to customers around the world.
This position is accountable for developing and coordinating all site safety, security, and training activities for the site. The individual in this role will be an active and strong influence to help shape the site culture and develop the future of the site.
- Implement a sustainable, effective and world class training program for all salaried and hourly personnel. This includes all regulatory, legal, safety, process, technical and refresher training. Roll out this training program by developing and implementing a train-the-trainer program
- Support the development and rollout of a Process Flow based Operator training process. Establish and manage a means for sustaining this training process
- Work with site and business leadership and external organizations to develop, deliver, and implement programs to improve leadership, management techniques and provide support implementing the Customer Awareness, Operational Excellence and Mindsets and Behaviors, and other programs to create a good environment within the organization to promote continuous improvement, ownership and accountability.
- Manage the implementation of Leading and Living the Journey Phases of the Exposure Reduction Process.
- Work collaboratively with Site and HR leadership to develop, design, deliver, and implement various learning programs.
- Manage the administration of the BASF Learning Management System (Mockingbird Replacement) including maximizing its application for MIDGA’s needs.
- Coordinate interface with Corporate EHS hub according to service level agreement
- Coordinate all internal and external audits with regard to EHS (MSHA, RCMS ...). Ensure and audit that all actions and findings are tracked and completed. Identifies gaps to actions plans and provides solutions to close the gaps. Tracks and reports on MOC, AIMS and other safety / regulatory issues to ensure that actions are completed on time
- Manage the site security, safety and environmental team to ensure that the site is in compliance with all security, safety and environmental rules and regulations
- BS Degree in business (or related field), education, or in a technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a process manufacturing environment and knowledge of learning management systems is required
- Excellent individual and team facilitation skills required. Well-developed communication and influencing skills. Ability to facilitate and/or lead project teams to successful implementation is required.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in training systems and effective training techniques. Must have experience and skills in conducting assessments to determine training requirements.
- Working knowledge of EHS rules and regulations is required. (Note: Individual must be available for travel up to 10% of time.)
- Union environment experience preferred.
Please use this link to apply directly for the job.
Lubeman / Greaseman - SELLERS Construction, Gordon, GA
Date: November 10, 2015
Lubeman / Greaseman
Equipment and Maintenance
Responsible for change oil, greasing and preventive maintenance (PM) and washing/cleaning of vehicle and equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiar with equipment maintenance and oil and lubricants quantities for each machines.
- Familiar with greasing and draining points of any vehicles and equipment.
- Can fill‐up, control and update the maintenance records on daily basis
- Familiar with oil and grease and grades and all types of filters.
- Holding class B CDL with Haz Mat driving license.
- Excellence driving safety record.
- Aware for all tools required for such activities
- Can speak, write and read English language.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge in engine starting and can drive light vehicles.
Minimum of (3) years work experience as Grease man / Lubeman for all types of equipment and vehicle both in workshop and sites preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Can work with less supervision and under pressure.
Physically strong and healthy.
SELLERS Construction Company
115 Milledgeville Rd.
Gordon, GA 31031