The following is a listing of job openings in the Georgia
and the Southeastern mining industry. If you would like to post a position,
please email the job listing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plant Superintendent openings nationwide!
Founded in 1970, Unimin Corporation has grown from a small, local sand mining
company to become a leading producer of non-metallic industrial minerals in
the worldwide Sibelco Group. Our products are the fundamental building blocks
of nearly every manufacturing and industrial process. We're a worldwide supplier
to: the glass, ceramic and lighting industries, oil and natural gas service
companies and paint, plastic, rubber and composite manufacturers.
Unimin Corporation is one of North America's leading producers of non-metallic
industrial minerals. Our quartz, feldspar, nepheline syenite, olivine, calcium
carbonate, clay, kaolin, lime and limestone products are the essential raw
materials of nearly every manufacturing process.
Reporting to the Plant Manager,
the Plant Superintendent will direct mining, maintenance, and processing activities
to achieve production goals at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the management of the Plant's safety and health program to
include implementation of policies and procedures, safety inspections, and
- Direct Mining activities including - exploratory drilling, roads - grounds
- and lands maintenance, mine planning and advancement - new mine construction
- stripping and reclamation - mining process equipment.
- Direct Production activities including - washing / drying / milling
- flotation - drying and screening - bagging and shipping - clean up and
- Direct Maintenance activities including - Preventative Maintenance
Program - equipment modification and installation - proper scheduling of
- Advise Plant Manager of any problems or potential problems which affect
the ability of the mine or Plant to produce in a safe, timely, efficient
manner including but not limited to personnel, equipment, transportation
- Direct all process and loadout scheduling to ensure smooth and on time
preparation of all customer orders.
- Direct mining activities to ensure adequate supply of raw material
- Collect and check necessary labor and operating data, prepare all required
reports for submission to the Plant Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of Capital Expense Reports.
- Direct, schedule, coordinate and inspect the installation of all capital
projects as requested by Plant Manager.
- Review, approve, and recommend actions regarding staffing, compensation,
development, and training of all supervisory and operating personnel.
- Handle and/or assist in disciplinary action.
- Monitor environmental control systems to ensure compliance with governmental
- Identify, administer, and/or recommend necessary training needs for the
maintenance, mining, and operations personnel.
- Submit weekly operations report.
- Assist in appropriate areas with the quarterly report.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should send your resume and contact info to email@example.com
- BS in Engineering - preferably in Mine Engineering or Geological or Industrial.
- 5+ years of hands on working experience; in mine or materials processing,
industrial manufacturing or related industry.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must be open to relocation opportunities now and in the future
- Familiarity with a Unionized workforce for plants that are Union.
Job Title: HR
A. Position Summary:
Administers corporate policies relating to compensation, benefits, employee
relations, and health and safety program. Works closely with the Regional
HR Manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies,
programs, functions, and activities at the Gordon, Georgia facility.
B. Essential Functions:
- Serves as local HR Rep by implementing human resources programs, policies
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends candidates for open positions
- Participates in disciplinary actions and ensures they are accurate and
- Maintain personnel records, ensures all employee documentation is obtained
and scanned into central electronic fling system
- Serve as HR for safety investigations
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing spreadsheets and ad-hoc
reports pertaining to employee personnel and safety related information and
- Conducts new hire orientations and coordinates new hire training plans
- Completes exit interviews
- Participate in weekly departmental meetings
- Organize and/or coordinates meetings and special events
- Special projects to include develop and/or deliver presentations/training,
- Provides general and administrative support
- Follows and adheres to all QMS procedures and documentation as applicable
to position and department, and as required by ISO.
- Other duties and projects as assigned within scope of the position
C. Job Requirements and Skill Sets:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources; Bachelor’s
- 2 + years of experience in related field.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e.; Microsoft Products (Excel, Power
Point, Office, Outlook) and HRIS database
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed
federal and state laws/regulations
- Must have high level of energy, ability to multi task and be a self starter
- Strong integrity, moral and ethical standards
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality professionalism.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to independently complete assignments and duties from inception
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making decision
CORE VALUES CORE
Work Environment/Safety Sense
Interested candidates please submit your resume and cover letter to
Bill Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Active Minerals International is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, disability, martial
status, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.”
Company: Arcilla Mining & Land Co., McIntyre, GA
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Applicant must provide his own air/hand tools, 3 year MVR, and
criminal history report. Three years working experience or comparable training.
Must have knowledge of engine / transmission / driveline service, minor component
replacement, air brake, wheel end, hydraulics, minor welding, and laptop
operation experience is helpful. Applicant must be a motivated self-starter
and proficient in all repairs. Must always maintain a drug free work environment.
The flexibility and capability of working in a high paced environment.
Position reports directly to the Truck Shop Supervisor. Duties include
repair, servicing, and maintenance of fleet level diesel equipment. Fifty hour
work weeks with every third Saturday rotation.
Paid Vacation, Insurance Plans, Uniforms, 401K Match.
On site application only. Bring required information.
For additional info please contact:
Arcilla Mining & Land Co.
Office Phone: (478)-946-3664
Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
1402825 - Mines Planner - Kaolin Mining Operations - Middle Georgia
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: United States> Georgia> Gordon> 1E31-Gordon-BASF
Organization: BASF Corp>(EP)-Paper Chemicals>N-EPN-Paper Chemicals
The position of Mines Planner is integral in the long term, strategic planning
of mining BASF’s kaolin clay reserves in the MidGA operation. This role
requires much technical aptitude especially with regard to designing and implementing
mining plans graphically for clear communication to overburden contractors.
Frequent interaction with production personnel and contractors requires good
- Manage stripped clay and stockpiled clay inventories by scheduling contractor
crews for overburden removal and reclamation.
- Work with production to ensure adequate quality is available for each
stockpile, and coordinate drilling with mills and crude lab.
- Use CAD and drilling analysis software to design overburden cuts, overburden
placement, and subsequent reclamation plan. Incorporate best mining practices
in all design features.
- Supervise all contractors in execution of overburden stripping and reclamation.
Monitor KPIs, overburden placement, drainage, terrace installation, water
control, grassing, etc.
- Assist with New Mine development and all associated permitting requirements.
- High School Degree or equivalent required - BS degree preferred
- Significant experience (2+ years) with AutoCAD (version 2009 or higher) and
Microsoft Office Suite are both required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Mining/Manufacturing environment required
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required
- Mining experience required, preferably kaolin
- Experience with erosion control and/or hydrology preferred
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental rules and regulations preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to make decisions both individually
and in a group
Qualified candidates may apply online at: https://basf.taleo.net/careersection/2/default.ftl?lang=en
Human Resources Manager
Company: Arcilla Mining & Land Co., McIntyre, GA
Education: Some College
Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management and two years
verifiable experience OR some college and 5 years verifiable experience in
Human Resources to include payroll, benefits, and safety administration, workers
compensation and employee relations. Must be knowledgeable of OSHA, ADA and
EEO laws. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Employer prefers SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management) membership;
State Board Workers’ Compensation Certification, and MSHA (Mine Safety & Health
Position reports directly to Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Duties include
writing and updating job requirements and descriptions for all positions.
Will be responsible for posting vacancies, recruiting, testing and interviewing
applicants. Will conduct orientation in conjunction with Safety Administrator
to ensure new hires are aware of company policies and expectations. Position
is responsible for structuring pay plan in coordination with, recommending
pay structure revisions based on employee performance and market trends.
Will be required provide hands on assistance with generating payroll in timely
and consistent manner. Will monitor and evaluate employees work and ensure
that critical deadlines are met. Will be responsible for employee discipline,
scheduling management and employee conferences, hearing and resolving employee
grievances and educating supervisors on supervisor/employee relations. Will
administer employee benefits programs, recommend benefit programs to CFO,
obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids, and design and conduct educational
programs on benefits programs for employees. Will work closely with Safety
Director on safety initiatives and program administration. Will ensure that
company is and remains in legal compliance with federal and state requirements
by monitoring, conducting investigations, maintaining records and representing
company at hearings.
Contact: Mr. McKenzie Davenport, CFO
Company: BASF – The Chemical Co.
Job Title: 1402155 - Area Leader
Location: Mcintyre, GA
Apply Link: http://jobs.basf.us/job/Mcintyre-Area-Leader-Gordon-GA-Job-GA/70484100/
The Area Leader manages and operates facilities safely and efficiently,
encourages employee ownership, demonstrates and promotes effective decision
making, maintains high personal standards, and establishes/maintains
high crew performance standards.
- Ensure that all activities are
performed in accordance with all BASF and MSHA safety policies.
that equipment is operated in compliance with all environmental regulations/permits.
- Develop and maintain high housekeeping and performance standards for
area(s) of responsibility.• Ensure productivity is at budgeted levels
and proactively pursue improvements.
- Ensure quality and on-time shipment goals are met.
- Evaluate equipment capabilities, identify process bottlenecks and
develop plans to resolve constraints.
- Provide leadership/guidance to crews to maximize performance in support
of business goals.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by
the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an industrial processing/production
- Two or more years of supervisory or leadership experience is required.
Five or more years is preferred.
- Must be a proactive self-starter capable of working with limited supervision.
- Good communication and leadership skills with ability to motivate
- Good problem solving skills with ability to quickly address and resolve
- Prior knowledge of Kaolin processing preferred.
Company: BASF – The Chemical Co.
Location: Gordon, GA
Job Title: Site Services/Security Coordinator
Apply Link: http://jobs.basf.us/job/Gordon-Site-ServicesSecurity-Coordinator-Gordon-Georgia-Job-GA-31031/71114200/
BASF’s Middle Georgia site is distributed across four plants and three
milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes
Kaolin to customers around the world. The site is made up of roughly 600
employees plus 300 contractors.
Direct and assist in development and presentation of required safety training
specifically, MSHA, Forklift, DOT, Mockingbird, etc.
Management of loss prevention programs, i.e. Security, GAPS, Fire Suppression
systems, ADT, etc.Supervise and manage 3 non-exempt positions to insure routine
environmental compliance in these areas:
- Air/dust/Title 5- Drinking water
- Solid waste disposal, Industrial Hygiene
- Radiation Inventory- Ground water monitoringManage Responsible Care & RCMS
- Serves as the Primary Contact for production, maintenance, and utility
- Insure tracking and correction of findings
- Internal and Certification
- Education and Training
- Conformance SystemsContractor Leader
- Manage Contractor
programs in compliance with BASF policies and procedures
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by
the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- 6 or more years of manufacturing environment is required
- 3 or more years of experience in management of contractors is required
- Experience in fire protection systems and security programs is preferred
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MSHA/OSHA regulations
- Industrial Health
- Site Security
Plant Superintendent - Mcintyre, Georgia (#1401518)
BASF’s Middle Georgia site distributed across four plants and three
milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes and distributes
Kaolin to customers around the world.
- This position is a member of the Leadership team.
- Lead Operations organization to ensure product design, cost, quality,
and internal and external customer supply objectives are met and exceeded.
- Develop the Operations organization team through goal setting, accountability,
performance review and development, and organizational design and development.
- Lead the Operations organization in its Journey to EHS Excellence.
- Establish, pursue and achieve a strategic direction and manufacturing
objectives for kaolin business unit which compliments and supports the
Middle Georgia strategic vision.
- Lead the continuous improvement activities of the Operations organization,
foster innovation, and facilitate and embrace change that drives improvement.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or other technical field is required.
- 10 or more years of manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of solid management experience is required.
- Management experience in a manufacturing
environment with oversight in areas such as production, maintenance, EHS,
quality is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma and /or Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Must be able to work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Demonstrated strong competencies must include: personal and team leadership,
business and financial acumen, communication, strategic and analytical
thinking, and customer focus.
- Experience working with labor unions to resolve union issues in a unionized
plant is preferred.
Customer Service Supervisor
Position Description: An immediate & urgent opening
exists in a rapidly growing international organization in the Middle Georgia
area [125 miles south of Atlanta]. Position in reporting to the Regional
Manager of Logistics & Customer Service has responsibility for leading
the Customer Service team involved in high volume, large quantity order entry,
invoicing, preparation of shipping documents & management of related
Company is an international leader in the production & marketing of
minerals sold world-wide for industrial, agricultural & construction
Experience & Competency Requirements:
- As the voice of the company to external customers - coordinating a high
volume of interactions & information including communication with
multiple customers at each site to accurately process their orders/order
fulfillment documentation, prepare invoices, supply quotes & resolve
issues in a timely fashion
- Interacting with sales, production, shipping, accounting, logistics,
purchasing & 3rd party vendors to facilitate customers’ orders
from origination to invoice
- Implementing best practice, customer service-related process improvements
- Overseeing the transactions of a 3rd party freight forwarder with responsibility
for international vessel shipments
- Entering daily system updates of customer & order related information
- Leading, coaching & developing the Customer Service team of 4-6
Customer Service Representatives
- Minimum of 4-6 years of customer service experience
- Managerial experience
- Minimum of 2 years of college coursework
- Familiarity with Incoterms
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills for daily interactions
with external customers - as well the internal production, logistics & sales
- Occasional travel to three U.S. plant sites & customer locations
- Computer literate
Education & Experience Preferences:
Compensation & benefits:
- Experience in a made-to-order, large quantity raw material production
environment - such as clay, asphalt, gravel, paper & chemicals
- $55-60K starting base compensation dependent upon experience
- Annual bonus potential
- Annual merit reviews & increases
- Outstanding benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, long & short-term
disability, life insurance, educational reimbursement & 401k with company
Reply with confidential resume to:
Pete Tosh, The Focus Group – an Executive Search firm
[Fee 100% Paid by Employer]
577 Mulberry St – Ste 710
Macon, Ga. 31201
I. Title: Senior Plant Manager – General Manager
II. Purpose of Position: To lead the operational plan of multiple manufacturing
plants in line with the manufacturing strategic plan.
- Reviews and oversees implementation of annual operating plan
for plants. These include production and inventory planning, in conjunction
with materials planning group, as well as raw materials procurement and
- Recommends capital projects and presents budget to senior management
as part of capital improvement plan. Assures that ROI and other benefits
associated with capital projects are communicated. (Annual capital plan
of $1 to $5 million.)
- Reviews and signs off on annual financial operating budget. (Annual
budget of $25 to $50 million.)
- Participates in strategic planning process, translating manufacturing
objectives to individual goals for key plant employees.
- Builds and leads a team to execute the operational and financial
plans, including department and plant managers as well as staff to support
- Leads plant-wide initiatives to ensure positive employee morale.
Communicates vision, direction of company and manufacturing to all employees.
- Conducts performance evaluation of direct reports, while reviewing
and signing off on one-over-one employees, directing all to expand their
skills and responsibilities.
- Modifies and approves all MBOs of direct reports.
- Hires, promotes and fires plant personnel based on opportunities
- Leads training initiatives for plant employees, working with plant
managers, corporate and staff.
- Reviews and reports on plant financial performance on a monthly
basis. Leads action plan to address controllable issues.
- Approves expenditures for all capital projects for the plants.
- Approves expenditure of all plant expenditures in accordance with
- Maintains contact with community officials, assuring that positive
community relations exist.
- Coordinates response to media on any regional issue requiring attention.
- Leads in implementation of new quality initiatives, in line with
strategic plan. This includes training.
- Reviews and signs off on resolutions to all quality problems associated
with the plant. Addresses all problems with a quality team (corporate).
- Ensures that safety procedures are in place to address all aspects
of plant safety.
- Ensures that all personnel on the premises (visitors as well as
employees) understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Assures that the plants are fully compliant with all local, state
and federal regulations with respect to environmental compliance. This pertains
to all operational aspects as well as capital expansions. Works with corporate
safety and regulatory personnel to get this done. Reports any variation immediately
to Vice President Manufacturing and Corporate Compliance.
- Assures that any circumstances where customer requirements of operational
plan cannot be fulfilled over the long term (one to six months) are communicated
to Manager of Material Planning.
- Coordinates review of plant processes (between engineering and plant
management) and assures process modifications or improvements that result
in improved efficiency are implemented.
- Works with Material Planning and Logistics to recommend business
shifts between plants or regions in order to optimize service and cost
to customers. Assures recommendations are implemented.
- Guides and approves preventative maintenance plan.
- Reviews plant housekeeping program.
- Approves expenditure of all maintenance costs in line with expense
J. Raw Material Procurement
- Approves mining program. Ensures that it is adhered to.
- Assures that communication occurs to Manager of Material Planning
on any projected raw material shortfalls and problems.
- Assists Marketing, Logistics, and Research on evaluating new
business opportunities, including assessing process feasibility, cost,
capital requirements and other issues.
- Meets with management in other areas of the company. Shares and
adopts best practices.
- Reports to Vice President of Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Supervises 3 to 10 direct reports.
- Oversees staff of 100 to 300.
- Adherence to operational plan, including key performance metrics.
- Safety of employees, visitors.
- Adherence to all regulatory standards.
- Adherence to all quality requirements.
VI. Measurement Of Performance
- Achievement of goals and objectives.
- Fulfillment of job description.
VII. Skills/Traits Needed
- Strong ability to lead and develop people and a team.
- Strategic thinking, with the ability to translate strategy into
executable tactical plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to different levels
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and application
of products manufactured at this site.
- Familiarity with quality principles and tools.
- Solid PC working knowledge.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
Contact: Ron Parks
BASF, The Chemical Company
1400153 Quality Manager, GA
BASF’s Middle Georgia site employs approximately 600 people who are
distributed across four plants and three milling operations covering 38,000
acres. The site mines, processes and distributes Kaolin to customers around
The Middle Georgia Quality Control Manager is accountable and responsible
for all day-to-day quality control, quality assurance, and ISO 9001 activities
within the four production plants (Edgar, Gordon, Daveyville, and Toddville)
to ensure products are produced and shipped on time, at budgeted cost, with
consistent quality and in a safe manner. This position leads the NCM (Non
Conformance Management) process (Internal and external) to ensure customer
satisfaction and timely investigation into root cause analysis with corrective
action implementation. This position will also be an integral member of the
site Leadership Team and will have an opportunity to drive change and participate
in the site’s strategy, culture program and turnaround plan. This highly
influential and empowered individual will be an active force to help shape
the site quality culture and develop the future of the site.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing inspirational, entrepreneurial and innovative leadership
to 3 quality engineers, salary and hourly employees. Directing the efforts
of the production quality control and quality assurance (facilities and
personnel) ensuring we are capable of meeting the business quality requirements
safety. Management of 9 direct reports and approximately 31 indirect reports.
- Meeting plant targets for quality as well as all other relevant
KPI’s such as safety, production and maintenance. Establishing, tracking
and meeting quality objectives for the plants and site which are consistent
with Middle Georgia site and EPK business objectives. Developing the budget
(fixed costs) for the quality department that meets the business targets
and expectations. Tracking performance to budget and develop and implement
solutions when tracking negatively versus the budget.
- Manage and supervise site’s Quality Control Laboratory personnel
and ensure adherence to relevant QA requirements related to testing, lab
equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Work closely with plant and site management to identify “Cost
of Poor Quality” and champion corrective actions to reduce and eliminate
- Manage the interface between plants and quality. Ensuring execution
of the Site’s Quality initiatives and policies as well as identifying
appropriate testing required to ensure process and shipment quality meet
required specifications and consistency.
- Prioritizing work and capacity utilization whenever conflicts
- Ensuring best practices in all aspects of operations are shared
and implemented across production sites.
- Hiring, training and development of quality engineers and technicians
to ensure that the units have all the personnel resources needed to meet
the site and business needs. Ensures that succession planning is planned
- Lead/contribute to quality investigations with site teams to
ensure effective root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions
- Work with the plant management teams to ensure updating and maintaining
lab and plant operating procedures and training manuals. Work with the
Site Safety, Training and Organizational Development team to ensure all training
needs are identified and satisfied. Ensure that all training is completed
If you know of anyone who would be qualified for and perhaps interested
in the position, please have them apply on line at http://jobs.basf.us/,
for jobs’ on the right hand navigation and enter requisition #1400153
into the keyword field.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required with minimum 10 years
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience. Demonstrated individual
and team building capability required.
- Experience working in and leading in a Union environment is strongly
- Demonstrated knowledge of & commitment to a zero incident Safety
philosophy and the principles of Responsible Care.
- Excellent individual and team facilitation skills required. Well-developed
communication and influencing skills. Ability to facilitate and/or lead
teams to successful implementation is required.
- Understanding of statistical process and quality control principals.
- Innovative, creative, self-motivated, change-focused, and improvement-driven
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge and experience with LEAN or similar data driven
process improvement methodologies is desirable
- Well versed in ISO 9001:2008
- Must have experience with internal and external ISO/RCMS auditing.
- Must be knowledgeable in SAP NCM system
- Experience in developing and managing a budget. Strong business
and financial acumen.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Site Manager - Small Operations
Location: Ivey & Lyons, GA
Overseeing the operations of two small sand mines in GA. One
is located in Ivey, GA (Wilkinson County) and the other in Lyons, GA (Toombs
County). Management of activities of production, maintenance, quality control
and distribution at a small sand mine.
- Evaluates utilization of manpower, energy, capital, materials, machinery,
methods and other resources for improvements to optimize manufacturing
- Ensures compliance with environmental, safety and other applicable
- Ensures plant equipment, buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent
- Ensures excellent customer service.
- Meets production of raw material requirements and specifications.
- Communicates and coordinates shipping activities.
- Trains workers, as needed.
- Ensures proper levels of product inventory.
- Ensures that facility maintains plant housekeeping, environmental standards,
and safety compliance with company and MSHA standards.
- Assists in the control of mine costs and the shipment of quality products.
- Oversees preventive maintenance and repairs of both stationary and
mobile equipment as needed.
- Complies with all DOT, Coast Guard, MSHA, EPA, state, and local regulations.
- Assists in overseeing of production planning function.
- Participates in employee communications meetings.
- Notifies the regional/division management of anything pertinent regarding
- Works all necessary schedules and overtime.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Prefer BS degree in an Engineering-related field or ten years’ experience
in sand mining including drilling, dredging, mobile equipment maintenance,
plant maintenance and pit supervision.
- Previous mine supervisory positions.
- Ability to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work all extended hours and shifts as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of DOT aggregate specifications & MSHA regulations.
Please apply directly on our website for immediate consideration:
Environmental, Safety and Health Representative (EH&S Rep)
Company: Aggregates USA, LLC
- Bachelor's degree in Civil / Environmental / Mining / Safety Engineering,
Environmental Science, Geology or closely related discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years experienced as an EHS professional preferably in a mining
or mining related operation (Strong environmental background preferred)
- Prior experience with environmental compliance, permitting and reporting
requirements in Georgia (local, state, federal); environmental experience
in the aggregates/mining industry preferred.
- Candidate must be self-directed, resourceful, and be able to quickly
and effectively research topics and answer questions
- Strong communication skills with excellent analytical, judgment and
problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; AutoCAD experience
- Excellent time management skills with ability to coordinate multiple
tasks and projects.
- Willing and able to travel throughout Georgia; occasional travel
to other company locations in TN, VA and FL.
- Ability to interact and communicate with regulatory agency personnel
in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with MSHA/OSHA regulations, standards and practices as
well as skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
Primary responsibilities would be to provide support to our GA and FL operations
for environmental compliance. This would involve 3 active quarry operations
and several sales yards. These responsibilities include but are not limited
to local, State and Federal permitting and reporting (Air, Water, Surface
Mining and Land Use, etc.); environmental plan development (SWPPP, SPCC,
etc.), employee training, regulatory and company policy compliance; audits/inspections
of sites; and participation in industry association and committees to stay
abreast of environmental issues. This person will assume some additional
safety and health duties in the future. Initially, the primary responsibilities
would be related to environmental compliance in Georgia and Florida. However,
in the future this job has the possibility to grow to assume responsibilities
for operations and support in TN and VA.
Submit Resume and Salary Qualifications to the following:
3300 Cahaba Road Suite 320
Birmingham, Alabama 35223
PotashCorp (the world's largest integrated fertilizer producer) has an opening
at its White Springs, FL phosphate operations for a Mining Engineer with 4-6
years experience. The White Springs surface mining operations consists of 4
draglines and 50 pieces of mobile equipment, and a mill, to support two chemical
plants in a 100,000 acre project area. This position will report to the Manager-Mining
Operations and will be responsible to ensure that mine operations construction
and operations maintenance occurs on a timely basis and that mine support work
and infrastructure construction is well planned and maximizes use of the Float
Crew and Heavy Equipment resources.
The Mining Engineer interprets strategic plans (the current year plan/budget
and life of mine plans) and develops daily/weekly/monthly (tactical) plans
for the Mine, Mill, and Mine Services Foremen to implement in order to accomplish
the goals of the strategic plans. The Mining Engineer develops metrics and
tracks productivity of Heavy Equipment and Float Crews working closely with
Mine Management to achieve timely construction targets and optimize performance
and utilization of heavy equipment and human assets. This position also serves
as a gateway for technical talent to enter the organization and to progress
to positions of greater responsibility.
Candidates who have 4-6 years of mining experience, a BS degree in Mining
Engineering, experience with surface mining, draglines and optimization of
mobile fleets is preferred. This position will offer exceptional promotional
opportunities for a candidate that possesses excellent communications skills,
ability to coordinate activities across departmental lines and leadership skills.
Contact information: James (Jim) H. Garrison, Jr | Manager, Human Resources
| PCS Phosphate - White Springs, FL
P.O. Box 300, White Springs, FL 32096
Posted on: 01-08-2013
Manager, Mineral Resources, Rayonier
At Rayonier, we're creating "value from the ground up" every
day, starting with our people. People are the foundation for success and
the key to making us the best performing company in the forest products industry.
We are proud of our long history of success, our diverse mix of businesses
and our values-based work environment, and invite you to consider a career
Responsible for continuous improvement of Forest Resources' financial
performance by successfully developing strategies, identifying, planning,
marketing, and monetizing business opportunities related to sub-surface assets
across the companies’ 2.4 million acres in the United States. The manager
is expected to proactively inventory, develop and evaluate prospects at a
detailed level, market and negotiate with operating companies to drive exploration
and/or monetization across the land base. This position will establish, grow
and manage a large number of mineral projects in a variety of commodities
(including hard minerals and oil & gas) and serve as a geologic advisor
to assess value, risk and returns of mineral resources associated with acquisitions
Keys to success include a results-oriented, strong business acumen with an
entrepreneurial drive, strong project management and marketing skills; staying
abreast of trends and forecasts in end-markets and value chains; actively
networking throughout the industry; collaborating with others to explore,
promote and develop opportunities; allocating resources to the optimum mix
of business initiatives; and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- MS in Geology or Earth Science with a preference for having completed
a thesis involved with field mapping and business experience including P&L
- Ten (10) years experience in mineral exploration and development
(prospects). Background in both hard minerals and oil & gas or experience
with large mineral owners a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of hard minerals business, regional market
dynamics, marketing, and merchandizing. Strong understanding of regional
concepts, such as large-scale inventories, regional play concepts, regional
geologic trends and basin framework studies.
- Ability to develop and evaluate prospects at a detailed level. Strong
business acumen with the ability to market and develop new business opportunities,
perform market research and facilitate favorable contract terms.
- Practical in assessing likelihood of success, mitigating various
forms of risk and creating short-term value.
- Strong negotiation, and project management skills and ability to
manage consultant, customer, and vendor relationships and performance.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication and presentation
- Hard-working, hands-on team player with a responsive demeanor that
can communicate and educate in lay terms to a full spectrum from operational
foresters to senior management.
Rayonier is committed to maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity
and is free of discrimination. Except where prohibited by state law, all
offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.